You might have passed the chocolate superfood fudge at Whole Foods and gawked at how expensive it was. Well, now you can learn how to make your own for half the price!
It isn’t that difficult to make when you do it yourself, and when you do make it yourself, you choose what goes in, so you aren’t adding in extra sugar and things that would normally put you in ill-health.
This chocolate superfood fudge is just that – filled with superfoods, deliciously sweet and incredibly beneficial for the body. You could even eat it for breakfast if you really wanted to.
You can choose to use carob or cacao. Cacao is more stimulating, so if you want to eat these fudge bars after dinner or later in the day, it would be wise to use carob instead. Otherwise, I like to split the ratios. If you don’t want cacao, just use all carob.
Chocolate Superfood Fudge Recipe
– 1/2 cup cacao powder (if you don’t want cacao, substitute this with carob)
– 1/2 cup raw carob powder
– 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
– 1 cup coconut butter
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1 tsp. fresh vanilla bean powder
– 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked and sprouted for optimal digestibility)
– 1/2 cup pitted dates
– pinch Himalayan sea salt
– 1/4 cup goji berries
– optional: 1 tbsp. lucuma powder, 1 tbsp. barley grass juice powder or spirulina, 1 tbsp. maqui berry powder, 1 tbsp. bee pollen, etc.
1. Stick all of the above ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and blend until well incorporated.
2. Pour into a square glass dish and let chill in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
3. Serve chilled, and store in the fridge.