Do you want a healthier alternative to the artery-clogging meatball? Let me introduce to you the raw vegan beetball recipe! This recipe, in my opinion, tastes BETTER than the conventional meatball, and it is 100% raw and 100% healthy. There was actually a point where I made this recipe almost every second day because I couldn’t get enough of them (obsessed, much?).
They are relatively easy to make, all you need is a food processor or vita mix to help finely chop everything together. You can either dehydrate them, or put them into the oven on the lowest setting, or simply use them as is (they clump together pretty well).
– 2 portabella mushrooms or 2 cups cremini or shittake mushrooms
– 1/2 head cauliflower
– 1 beet, peeled
– 1/4 cup shredded carrots
– 1 -2 tbsp. finely chopped leek
– 1/2 cup chopped tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes
– 1/2 cup arugula
– 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon
– 1/2 tsp. cumin
– fresh basil (optional)
– 2-3 cloves garlic
1. Put cauliflower, beets, and carrot into food processor and pulse blend until you have fine pieces.
2. Put in the mushrooms and the rest of the ingredients and pulse blend to mix
3. Take the mixture and use your hands to form “beetballs”
4. Lay out on dehydrator sheets on your dehydrator and dehydrate for a couple hours to make them slightly firm. If you do not have a dehydrator, you can simply eat them as is, or you can put them in the oven (not really raw anymore) at the lowest temperature for 30-60 minutes (always check to make sure how they are cooking every 15 minutes).
5. Serve with raw zucchini pasta.