Cozy up this winter season with this warm raw vegan chai latte recipe! It is a great replacement for morning coffees, or, if you want, an afternoon treat or after-dinner dessert. It contains fresh, wholesome, raw ingredients that will help fight inflammation, improve mental clarity and energize!
This recipe takes a bit longer to make if you want to reduce your tea down to a concentrate. Alternatively, you could just steep your tea in 1 cup of water and skip the reducing part. Enjoy!
Raw Vegan Chai Latte Recipe
– 3 cups water
– 1 bag of your favourite chai tea (I love Trader Joe’s Organic Spiced Rooibos Ruby Red Chai!)
– 1 cup cashew milk or coconut almond milk
– 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder
– pinch of cinnamon
– 1 inch ginger root, grated
1. Put the water and tea bag in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove tea bag and simmer for 10 more minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool until warm.
5. Place tea, cashew or coconut almond milk, dates, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger into a blender.
6. Blend on high until well incorporated, and pour into a mug.
7. Sprinkle fresh cinnamon on top and create swirly designs with a fork tip or toothpick if desired.