Feel uplifted and nourished by this totally raw, vegan, gluten-free, creamy green sweet pea soup! Many people view peas as a cheap restaurant side dish, but this incredible vegetable helps prevent stomach cancer (thanks to a polyphenol called coumestrol), aids as an effective anti-inflammatory, regulates blood sugar and promotes healthy bones.
This raw soup recipe cleverly combines a variety of highly nutrient-dense ingredients that will leave you feeling energized, cheerful and 100% satisfied!
Raw Green Sweet Pea Soup Recipe
– 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas (if frozen, they may not be totally raw. Unthaw before use)
– 1/3 cup diced onion
– black pepper (to taste)
– 2 tsp. celery salt (dehydrated celery, blended into fine-ground salt – here’s a video on how to do it!)
– 1/2 cup young coconut meat
– 1 tsp. fresh thyme
– Optional to add afterward (to make it more chunky): chopped celery & carrot
1. Combine all ingredients (except optional ingredients) in a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, or food processor (although this won’t make it as creamy), and blend on high until well incorporated and very smooth.
2. You can now add in the optional ingredients if you please, and stir to mix.
3. To warm, put in a dehydrator for an hour, or put in a pot on the stove, and heat to the point that you can still keep your finger comfortably in the soup without it burning.