You might have been hearing a lot about turmeric as of late, but how to consume it? This turmeric tonic is all you need to ensure adequate absorption, all the while keeping it delicious and fresh!
Turmeric is one of the best herbs for treating cancers. Particularly breast, uterine and prostate cancers. Turmeric contains the active ingredient, curcumin, which prevents the formation of cancer-causing enzymes, and therefore reduces the risk of cancerous cell-formation and cell growth. The mechanism of action works where by curcumin inhibits the activity of the enzyme Topoisomerase, which is essential in the replication of cancer cells. Turmeric literally limits the ability of cancer cells to spread to other parts of the body, and starves them of nutrients inhibits their growth.
But most of the time, people just eat turmeric as it is without pairing it with ingredients that help increase its absorption. Consuming turmeric with black pepper allows curcumin bioavailability to increase by over 2000%! Pairing it with plant-based fats, like coconut milk, will also speed absorbability.
Turmeric Tonic To Prevent Tumour Growth
– 4 inches fresh turmeric root (grated)
– 2 inches fresh ginger root (grated)
– 1 cup freshly made coconut milk
– 2-3 black peppercorns
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder
– 1/2 tsp. cardamom seeds
– 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
– 1/2 tsp. fresh cinnamon
– 1 tbsp. raw, unpasteurized, ethically sourced honey (alternatively, you can blend in a medjool date or two at the end)
1. Put coconut milk, black peppercorns, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, ground cloves and cinnamon into a pot. Heat on the stove lightly, but not hot enough that it burns your finger.
2. Take off the stove, stir in vanilla, put on a lid, and let sit for 1 hour.
3. Strain into a large glass mason jar, stir in 1 tbsp. honey, and enjoy!