If you want a smoothie that provides your body with potent anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-bacterial compounds, then you’ve come to the right place.
This mango turmeric smoothie is not only incredibly delicious, but provides you with one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. If you haven’t read my post on turmeric yet, then go do so, now! It’ll convince you to start adding more turmeric in your diet, whether in your smoothies, juices, soups, salads, baked goods, sauces, what-have-you.
The active component in turmeric, called curcumin, provides the body with some of the most powerful antioxidant activity known to man. Plus, it inhibits a major inflammatory agent called NF kappa-B (one of the main players that exacerbates pain in those suffering from arthritis or other inflammatory-related diseases)
Some of the benefits of turmeric include, but are not limited to:
– Powerful anti-inflammatory
– Effective treatment for inflammatory bowel disease
– Relief for rheumatoid Arthritis
– Help prevent colon cancer
– Stops prostate cancer
– Inhibits cancer cell growth and metastases
– Improves the life of those suffering from cystic fibrosis
– Reduces risk of childhood leukaemia
– Dramatically improves liver functioning
– Protects the cardiovascular system
– Lowers cholesterol
– Protects against Alzheimer’s Disease
If that isn’t enough evidence to convince you to drink this smoothie, then I don’t know what is!
Mango Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
– 2 cups mango
– 2 cups ripe pineapple
– 4 inches fresh turmeric root
– 1 lime, peeled
– 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
– 1 cup young coconut water
Place all of the above ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Drink immediately for the best benefits (and to preserve oxidation state)!