Do you suffer from extreme aches and pains, skin problems and chronic infections? You may have a case of chronic inflammation. Thankfully, there are foods to help ease inflammation in the body, and this inflammation extinguisher smoothie includes just those!
Turmeric is renowned for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties, while the enzymes in papaya are useful in helping ease inflammatory-related pain. Citric acid from orange juice is also great for removing mucoid plaque built up in arterial and intestinal walls to help blood and toxic waste matter move quickly and efficiently.
Inflammation Extinguisher Smoothie Recipe
– 3 large carrots
– 4 oranges, peels removed
– 1/2 large papaya, seeds and skin removed
– 3 inches turmeric root (or 1 tbsp. turmeric powder)
– Optional: add greens for an extra nutrient boost! I like to add arugula or spinach
1. Run carrots and oranges through a juicer (or alternatively, you could blend these first, and then strain for the juice).
2. Add orange and carrot juice to a blender, along with the papaya and turmeric.
3. Pulse blend on high and serve immediately!