If you’re wanting to relieve chronic inflammation, get rid of migraines and sore achey joints, then this ginger limeade recipe is just what you need.
The main ingredient in this ginger limeade recipe is of course, the ginger. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds called ginger’s, which offer free radical protection and inhibit nitric oxide production. Normally, nitric oxide build-up forms damaging free radicals called peroxynitrites that exacerbate inflammation in the body.
Chronic inflammation is also very easily relieved by turmeric, whose anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects have been equated with that of popular pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory drugs like Motrin, Ibuprofen and hydrocortisone. When you get rid of inflammation in the body, you also subsequently get rid of pain, which means less pain in your bones and joints.
This drink also helps alleviate migraines – just 1/8th of a teaspoon of powdered ginger found to work as well as the migraine headache drug sumatriptan (Imitrex) without the side-effects!
Ginger Limeade Recipe
– 2 cups regular filtered water
– 1 juiced lime
– 1/2 cup peeled and grated ginger
– 1/4 cup peeled and grated turmeric
– 2 tsp. raw honey
1. Bring the water to a boil and let cool slightly (still warm but not hot).
2. Add the ginger and turmeric and cover. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Pour the water through a strainer into a large bowl.
4. Add honey and lime juice, and garnish with freshly sliced lime wedges.