This probiotic turmeric soda is one of the most powerful medicinal beverages out there! It enhances digestion, soothes pain in achy joints and sore backs, and helps to boost brain function. It is super fun to make, and doesn’t take that long at all.
The Benefits of this Drink Include:
– Relief from aches and pains (a very effective anti-inflammatory)
– Eased symptoms from coughs and colds
– Delayed aging (also helps fight age-related chronic diseases)
– Boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor (improves brain function, and lowers risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia)
– Lowered risk of heart disease
– Reduced occurrence of depression
– Cancer prevention
– Strengthening of the immune system
– Full-body detox
Make sure when you are making this drink that you use fresh, organic roots from turmeric and ginger. You can find it at your local health food store, or you can grow an endless supply of it yourself. Whichever you please!
Probiotic Turmeric Soda Recipe
– 1 cup fresh organic ginger root
– 1 cup fresh organic turmeric root
– 1/2 cup raw, un-pasteurized honey
– 1 tsp. black peppercorns
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 gallon (16 cups) fresh filtered water
1. Chop ginger and turmeric and put into a high-speed blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients to blender, except the lemon juice.
3. Pour through a funnel into jars.
4. Store in a warm place and let ferment for a few days.
5. Within a couple days, bubbles should begin to appear. Be careful when “burping” the mixture, because ginger is powerful and can become explosive if opened to quickly. Store in the refrigerator before explosive phase has occurred.
6. “Burp” the mixture slowly – I repeat. Once fermented, it will become very fizzy. If you open it too quickly, you will have a massive orange mess everywhere!
This is a modified recipe that originally appeared on Gods Garden of Eden.