If you’re dairy-free or simply want to opt for a dairy-free thanksgiving, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out. In fact, going dairy free, even if you’re not lactose intolerant, can have a multitude of health benefits (like clearing up skin and gut issues, reducing mucus, preventing cancer and osteoporosis, among others).
This raw vanilla cranberry coconut “cheezecake” takes dessert to a whole other level. It will actually leave your body fully nourished instead of tired and bloated. Plus, cranberries provide our bodies with a multitude of health benefits like helping get rid of urinary tract infections, fighting inflammation, strengthening the immune system, preventing cancer, supporting the digestive tract, fighting heart disease and keeping our memory sharp.
The cake is incredibly easy to make, too! The crust ingredients get whipped together in a food processor, and the filling is blended in a blender (or food processor). The next step is a quick assembly, and then freeze for 5-6 hours. The cake should be defrosted for about 1 hour before consumption.
Raw Vanilla Cranberry Coconut “Cheezecake” Recipe
– 1 cup sprouted and dried buckwheat
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 1 cup pitted dates
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil
– pinch of himalayan sea salt
– 3 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked (if allergic to cashews, use sunflower seeds!)
– 1.5 cups fresh cranberries
– 1 cup pitted dates
– 1/4 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice
– juice of 1 orange
– pinch of sea salt
– 1/2 cup cranberries
– 3 pitted dates
– a little bit of water
1. Take a springform pan and line it with parchment paper on the bottom. Grease the sides with coconut oil.
2. Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until it becomes like dough. Press onto the bottom of the pan and smooth out well. Freeze for 20-30 minutes while you make the filling.
3. For the filling, blend all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender for around 2 minutes until very creamy.
4. Pour filling on top of your crust and freeze for 5-6 hours.
5. Before serving, make sure you take out the pie at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to un-thaw. While you are waiting, make the sauce.
6. Blend sauce ingredients and drizzle on top of the cheezecake. Top with some coconut shreds and voila!