This arugula berry salad is packed with anti-inflammatories and antioxidants, making it the perfect salad to help detox, get rid of pain and strengthen the immune system.
Eating plenty of greens throughout the day has been my secret to feeling amazing, keeping my teeth strong and healthy (greens are very high in calcium and other minerals required for bone development and maintenance), and skin clear.
This recipe features arugula as the base, and rosemary accents in the dressing. These two herbs are powerful anti-inflammatories. Arugula helps suppress the production of inflammatory mediators and rosemary contains an active compound called carnosol, which helps target multiple deregulated pathways associated with inflammation and cancer.
You can really add anything you want to this salad, but this combination tastes pretty awesome (as you’ll soon find out).
Anti-Inflammatory Arugula Berry Salad Recipe
– 5 cups arugula
– 2 cups other leafy green of choice (mixed baby greens, baby romaine, spinach, etc.)
– 1-2 cups mixed berries (choose whatever is in season! I like to use a mixture)
– 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
– 2 tbsp. raw tahini paste
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
– 1 tsp. raw un-pasturized honey, or 1 date, pitted (for some sweetness)
1. Blend the dressing (or whisk) until smooth
2. Toss salad ingredients in a bowl and add desired amount of dressing to the mix (I use the whole dressing recipe for this salad)