There is NO reason why salads shouldn’t be absolutely delicious. For years people have asked me how I am able to eat salads every day … “don’t you get bored?” Well I can say with absolute certainty that I do not and will never get bored making salads! There are so many options to jazz up a standard salad … and this dressing is one of my favourites.
[quote_center]This Dill & Garlic Ranch Dressing is a healthy, vegan alternative to the standard ranch dressing. It provides a creamy and mouth watering burst of flavor that will satisfy even the most skeptical salad eater.[/quote_center]
It’s simple to make and stores in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. PLUS you can use the base of this recipe to create so many different alternatives! For instance, you can convert to a tzatziki just by adding more lime, lemon and garlic. You can also add less water to make it a dip!
[quote_center]Have fun with this one and feel free to bring out your inner artist in the kitchen.[/quote_center]
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon green onion, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the Cashews for 2 hours or longer (overnight is best to release the enzyme inhibitor). The longer the cashews soak the creamier the consistency will be.
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- Put the cashews in a blender with salt, lime juice and water. Blend until well combined (approx. 2-3 minutes). It should be light and creamy. Depending on your blender, you may want to stop a couple times in between so you don’t overheat the motor. You may use more or less water for desired thickness.
- Put this creamy base in a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients. The dressing is now ready. You may keep it in the fridge for 3 – 5 days and use as a dressing, dip, spread or other sauce. Enjoy!