The holidays can bring huge bouts of stress into your life, whether you want it or not. That’s why I have created this ultimate stress and tension-relieving vanilla ice cream smoothie so that you don’t have to worry about spontaneously exploding.
Bananas are loaded with beneficial B Vitamins to soothe the nervous system, and they also contain tryptophan, which converts to serotonin (the “happy” chemical) in the brain and makes us sane and moody-free. The main contender in this smoothie, however, is the kava root powder. Kava root is found on the South Pacific islands, and is recognized by the World Health Organization as one of the best anti-stress relieving herbs. If there is any herb you should consume this holiday season, it is definitely kava root!
Vanilla Ice Cream Smoothie Recipe
– 3 ripe, frozen bananas
– 2 pitted medjool dates
– 1 tsp. organic kava root powder
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder
– 1/4 cup organic blueberries
– Optional: 1/2 cup durian, frozen or fresh
1. Blend all ingredients except blueberries in a high-speed blender, such as the Vitamix (get free shipping when you click the link!)
2. Once you have your ice cream, let it sit for a couple minutes to melt a little, so it turns into an ice cream “smoothie”
3. Mix in blueberries, and finish with some blueberries on top!
Leave a Reply