If you’re suffering from a chronic sinus infection, or any sinus infection for that matter, your sinuses are inflamed. This can lead to headaches, fevers, facial pain, or sensitive eyes (aka. can’t handle bright light).
Fortunately, this apple cider vinegar detox tonic is effective at cleaning the sinuses and killing the bacteria and viruses responsible for causing the problem in the first place.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and malic acid, which are all beneficial in killing bacteria, viruses and fungal infections. It is highly anti-inflammatory, and helps break up mucus to clear clogged up airways.
ACV cleanses the lymphatic system, helps balance pH levels once metabolized by the body, and can dramatically improve skin quality, thanks to the high levels of active enzymes and antioxidants, which promote blood circulation in the small capillaries, which inundate the skin.
When looking for apple cider vinegar, make sure that it is raw, unpasteurized, and still contains “the mother” – that way, you know your ACV is living and still contains the beneficial active compounds for fighting infection.
Another ingredient in this apple cider vinegar detox tonic is cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper contains the active ingredient capsaicin, which has long been used as a painkiller and for reducing nasal congestion. Capsaicin helps to dilate blood capillaries, and helps to break down mucus for drainage. It also helps reduce inflammation.
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Tonic Recipe
Ingredients (serves 1):
– 3/4 cup warm water (not hot)
– 2 tbsp. raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (with “the mother”)
– 1 tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey (manuka honey is best)
– 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1. Mix all of the above ingredients in a glass, and stir well until everything is well dissolved.
2. Sip the mixture until your condition subsides. It might not work overnight, as every body is different, so give it a couple days to work its magic.