Ever since my Rawjuvenation Retreat in Costa Rica this winter, I have been obsessed with chia seed puddings. This coconut cream chia pudding is not only loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats, but to put a twist on it I decided to add probiotics too!
Chia seeds are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They contain 6 times more calcium than milk, 64% more potassium than a banana 6 times more iron than spinach and provide 32% of your daily magnesium (and that’s for just 2 tablespoons worth!).
I love making these type of chia pudding parfaits in the morning because they really fill you up. Chia seeds are one of the best foods for providing sustained, and lasting energy throughout the day.
This recipe in particular is to die for. I am not joking – try it and let me know what you think in the comments below!
– 2 cups low-fat coconut milk (recipe here)
– 1/3 cup chia seeds
– 2 tsp. raw unpasteurized honey (or any other natural sweetener of your choice)
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder
– unsulphured coconut flakes
– hemp seeds
– fruit of choice – I like mango and papaya!
1. Soak chia seeds, 1 capsule of probiotics (or 1 tsp. of powdered probiotics), and 2 cups low-fat coconut milk overnight.
2. In the morning, mix chia seed mixture with honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Get a mason jar (or any other type of glass jar) and layer mango slices and papaya with chia seed pudding. You can also blend some mango and papaya and layer it in liquid form if you please.
4. Top with coconut flakes and hemp seeds. Enjoy!