This ancient German beverage still works wonders to this day. The powerful traditional remedy consists of 3 main ingredients that help treat artery congestion, lower fat levels in the blood and get rid of infections and colds.
Cleaning the blood vessels and layers of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol is safer than taking standard prescription medications. Garlic and lemon are one of the best vessel cleansers known to man. They help reduce LDL cholesterol, strengthen blood vessel walls and reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). This very same drink was developed and utilized in Tibetan and Russian folk medicine many centuries ago.
Some reports have been made that the anti-hypertensive effect of garlic was equal if not more powerful than that seen with anti-hypertensive drugs! Garlic stimulates the release the intracellular nitric oxide (NO), which helps our body control vascular tone and regulates blood pressure (thus improving blood flow). Garlic also contains Diallyl trisulfide, a compound that has been found to help protect the heart during cardiac surgery and after a heart attack. It is also believed to be an effective treatment for heart failure.
Lemon and garlic also contain a host of different antioxidants that fight against infection and prevent colds and the flu. Not only that, but they are highly anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory. How’s that for a powerful super-tonic?
Drink 1/2 cup of this concoction 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
Powerful Traditional Remedy: Recipe
– 4 heads of garlic
– 4 organic lemons, with peel
– 5 inches fresh ginger root
– 2 litres water
– Optional: 1-2 tbsp. un-pasturized, raw honey (antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral)
– Optional: 1 tsp. cayenne powder (opens blood vessels, stimulates metabolism)
1. Clean and slice the garlic bulbs in half, and cut lemons into half-moon shapes.
2. Slice ginger into small cubes.
3. Place all ingredients into a large 3 or 4 litre gallon glass jar. Now is when you would put optional ingredients into the jar as well.
4. Warm water slightly, but not hot enough to burn your finger. Pour water into jar, and cover.
5. Leave refrigerated for 2-3 days. Strain, and serve!