Are you aware of the health dangers of fluoride? Fluoridation (adding fluoride chemicals into public water supplies) began 68 years ago in hopes to eliminate tooth decay, lower dental bills, and put dentists out of business. But just the opposite happened. The creation of fluoridated dental products and tooth decay have become multi-billion dollar industries.
Many countries including China, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Hungary, Japan, and nearly all of Europe have banned water fluoridation. However, the addition of fluoride in water supplies, juice, soda, wine, coffee, soups, processed foods and baby formulas is widespread in the Americas.
Fluoride enters our system through multiple means:
– Toothpaste with fluoride
– Baby formula
– Foods cooked with fluoride
– Canned soup, or restaurant-made soups
– Food cooked in Teflon cookware
– Coffee and tea made with fluoridated water
– Packaged and processed foods
– Fruit juice from a box/glass container
– Soda pop and soft drinks
– Beer and wine
Dangers of fluoride:
1. Known to cause dental fluorosis (defect of tooth enamel caused by fluoride’s interference with developing teeth) – dental fluorosis is characterized by yellow or mottled teeth.
2. Associated with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. It has also been associated with low IQ and mental retardation in children.
3. Known to cause skeletal fluorosis (crippling bone disease – aka. chronic joint pain, very similar to what those with arthritis experience). Could also be the cause of rising numbers in arthritis cases.
4. Impairs activity of the thyroid gland. Fluoride can depress activity of the thyroid and can result in an under-active thyroid, a common cause of obesity.
5. Disrupts normal hormone function. Fluoride can reduce melatonin levels (because fluoride likes to accumulate in the pineal gland), leading to disturbances in sleep-wake cycles and chronic insomnia. Fluoride also destroys the male reproductive system.
6. Interferes with brain function; interferes with learning and behaviour and another cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
Make your own Fluoride-free Toothpaste!
– Coconut oil
– Baking soda
– Peppermint or spearmint essential oil
1. Take 1/4 cup coconut oil, and 1/4 cup aluminum-free baking soda (like Bob’s Red Mill)
2. Mix together, and add a few drops of peppermint or spearmint essential oil (optional) for flavour, and a bit of stevia (1/4 tsp or so) for sweetness.
3. Mix the above, and put into a glass container with a lid and use as needed.
Useful info. Any other choices of oil, since I’m allergic to coconut?
Carly Fraser says
Hmmm perhaps another oil that hardens at room temp. Not sure of any, you could just use baking soda to clean your teeth.
you could use bentonite clay…want to buy it already made/see Earthpaste or a recipe is shared on BulkHerbs.com if you would like to make your own
Kind of odd that you say you use an “aluminum free baking soda”… Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. Baking POWDER however, sometimes contains aluminum. There are plenty of resources that can confirm this. Arm & Hammer has consistently made firm claims that their baking soda is just that- baking soda, with no aluminum. Here is one link if you want to look into it:
Carly Fraser says
Thanks for your response. Most companies have switched to aluminum-free baking soda, but just in case they haven’t, I put out a warning. Baking powder may contain aluminum too, so that is also something to look out for.