Instead of feeling guilty after that chocolate-shake, why not feeling amazing and vibrant? That’s exactly what this chocolate smoothie recipe will give you – energy, a quick mood-boost, and an overall euphoric feeling of supreme happiness! Fruit is the new anti-depressant (if you didn’t already know), and this smoothie contains plenty of serotonin and brain-boosting fructose to help support mental health.
Consuming something as sweet and decadent as this chocolate smoothie doesn’t mean you have to feel guilty after eating it. In fact, this chocolate dessert-like smoothie will help slim your waistline, and won’t have you feeling like you need to run 600 miles to burn it off. You can even double the recipe to make a meal out of it if you pleased.
So go ahead and drink your dessert, and feel good about it too. You deserve it!
Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
– 2 ripe spotty bananas
– 4 medjool dates, pitted (soak beforehand if they are really dry)
– 2 tbsp. raw carob powder (or cacao powder – I prefer carob because it isn’t a stimulant)
– 1/2 tsp. raw vanilla bean powder
– 1 cup organic blueberries
– 1 cup coconut water or regular filtered water
– Optional: 1 tsp. maca powder and raw cacao nibs as decoration on top
Place all of the above ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth. Enjoy this deliciously wonderful shake, and sprinkle some raw cacao nibs on top if you please!