What makes a good breakfast? First off, it should be packed with nutrients so that your brain and body can wake up in the morning.
Breakfast is the meal that sets the tone for the rest of the day, so it’s important to have one that is packed with nutrition. A good breakfast should also be appealing to your taste buds – no one wants to wake up for a boring meal!
Thankfully, this overnight oatmeal is both nutritious and delicious – which will turn it into your new morning obsession!
Overnight oatmeal is a tasty breakfast, but when you add goji berries
to it it gets a nutritious kick! Goji berries are chock full of nutrition, with more antioxidants in them than any other berry plus a plethora of vitamins and minerals.
These overnight oats get another healthy boost from chia seeds, a tiny powerhouse of a superfood that is full of fibre and heart-healthy fatty acids.
But let’s not forget about taste! While this overnight oatmeal is incredibly nutritious, it is also just as delicious. Creamy, filling, and subtly sweet, this overnight oatmeal recipe is sure to become a new breakfast staple in your diet. Gluten-free, refined sugar free as well as dairy-free, this recipe has something for everyone!
Ingredients: (serves 1)
– 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
– 3/4 cup almond milk
– 1 tablespoon almond butter
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon raw honey
– 2 tablespoons goji berries
– slivered almonds
1. Mix the almond milk, oats, flaxseeds, almond butter, vanilla extract and raw honey together in a container.
2. Place container in the fridge overnight to set up.
3. In the morning, dish the oatmeal into a dish.
4. Sprinkle with goji berries and slivered almonds.