Do you wear glasses or struggle with poor eyesight? Correcting your vision might not be as hard as it seems, and you don’t need glasses to fix it.
In fact, you can improve your eyesight without laser surgery or glasses, it just takes a bit of effort on your behalf to work to repair it. Since we no longer live in a natural environment, looking at trees and nature isn’t something we’re accustomed to. Instead, it’s computer screens, televisions, and cell phones – looking at small type and images that messes with our vision.
Follow these eight tips to sharpen your vision without surgery or glasses:
1. Regularly consume carrot juice – carrots contain beta-carotene that gets converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A helps protect our eyes from age-related macular degeneration and reduces your risk of developing glaucoma. Vitamin A also significantly helps improve night vision.
2. Limit time spent looking at computer screens – computer screens put a lot of strain on the eyes. Eye problems caused by computer use fall under the heading computer vision syndrome (CVS). When you work at a computer, your eyes have to focus and refocus all the time, which puts a lot of strain on your eyes. Limiting time spent looking at computer screens will help vision greatly.
3. Massage eye area gently, several times a day – this will help improve blood flow to the eye region and improve vision.
4. Rest your eyes 3 hours a day – resting your eyes for 3 hours a day will help the muscles in your eyes relax, which will naturally train your eyes to strain less, and therefore improve vision.
5. Don’t wear your eye glasses all day long – contrary to popular belief, glasses actually weaken the muscles in our eyes as they become dependent on corrective lenses. Try to avoid wearing glasses for maybe 30 minutes less a day, and increase that over time. Reducing your dependency on glasses will greatly help your vision.
6. Spend more time looking in the distance and more time in nature looking at relaxing sights – historically our eyes are used to looking at natural landscapes and foliage. Spending time in nature will help your eyes relax, as being in nature helps our whole body relax. Spending time looking into the distance instead of close up is another great practice to improve eyesight, too.
7. Every day, apply warm and damp cloths on the eyes and press them for half an hour – as with massaging, warmth will help relax the muscles around the eyes, and vision will naturally start to get better.
8. Use the chart below to enhance your eyesight. Follow the illustrated lines below, and trace the basic shapes with your eyes on a wall, or wherever you happen to be.