E-mail LLF for Skype Sessions

Founder: Carly Fraser
E-mail: livelovefruit@gmail.com
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng

724 Flares Twitter 16 Facebook 469 Pin It Share 228 Google+ 11 Email -- Filament.io 724 Flares ×

538383_27494381Lei gong teng (Tripterygium wilfordii), a chinese plant sometimes called “Thunder God vine”, is a traditional Chinese medicine that has been used for centuries for individuals with fever, chills, edema and carbuncle. The plant’s ability to cure cancer only recently came into light when researchers at the University of Minnesota’s Masonic Cancer Centre found that compounds from this plant wiped out pancreatic tumours in mice, and showed no signs of tumours after 40 days or after discontinuing the treatment.

The natural compound, triptolide, found in lei gong teng, has been shown in numerous studies to induce apoptosis (cell death) in cancerous cells. In one study, the apoptosis induced by triptolide was mediated by up-regulating the expression of a gene associated with apoptosis called caspase-3 and bax, making triptolide a potential treatment for cancers of the pancreas.

“This drug is just unbelievably potent in killing tumour cells,” said Ashok Saluja, a vice chairman of research at the Masonic Cancer Centre. “You could see that every day you looked at those mice, the tumour was decreasing and decreasing, and then just gone.”

Unfortunately, researchers have now found a way to isolate triptolide into a new drug called minnelide, which is a modified form of the diterpenoid compound triptolide, isolated from the thunder god vine. Under normal circumstances, Big Pharma would not be able to make any money off the thunder god vine, since you cannot patent nature. With this new drug, minnelide, however, Big Pharma will get a big FDA stamp of approval which will allow the newly patented, nutritionally ruined triptolide to be sold for hundreds and thousands of dollars.

Of course, there is always the option of just going out to the market and grabbing some thunder god vine yourself. I am sure a local asian market or online distributor sells this vine for a fraction of the price that a drug with half the amount of cancer-curing enzyme activity would go for.

To BUY LEI GONG TENG, you can order some by clicking HERE.

Sources:

(1) Hingorani, S., & Potter, J. (2012) Pancreas cancer meets the thunder god. Science Translational Medicine, 4, p.156ps21

(2) Zhou, G., Ding, X., Huang, J., Zhang, H., Wu, S., Cheng, J., & Wei, Q. (2008) Apoptosis of human pancreatic cancer cells induced by Triptolide. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 14, 1504-1509.

(3) http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-highlights/thunder-god-vine-drug-zaps-pancreatic-cancer/81247498/

(4) http://naturalsociety.com/chinese-plant-compound-cancer-research/#ixzz29h4PcEHd

37 Responses so far.

1. candy says:

So many people are constantly claiming new drugs or herb treatment for cancers, only to in fact be all a hoax… If this wonder herb is in fact a vital end to any & all cancers, I would be very interested ofcourse..Our country seems to be hell bent on finding cancer cures, yet here we are in the yr 2013 & still the leading causes of death is cancer.. My question is however, Just how much is needed & how often should one take ?

• Carly Fraser says:

The only reason the government keeps the research about these plants, herbs and fruits undercover is because they cannot patent nature. They need to extract the compounds from these plants and modify them in a drug where the compounds are basically destroyed, and will have half the effect they would provide in their natural state. If Big Pharma can’t make money off it, they are not interested in curing cancer.

If an individual has cancer, I would eat it every day, and switch to an alkaline diet of fruits and vegetables, and remove all acid forming foods like meats, dairy, eggs, refined sugars, junk food, salt, coffee, etc.

• BA says:

What Did you ever find out about this Thunder god Vine(LEI GONG TENG)
      I want to buy some seeds.
      Do you know where I can get some seeds?
      I want to get the purest form I can to see If i can grow it pure for my wife has cancer. I just want her to try something

• Dimitris Kamarinos says:

@candy – There is scientific evidence PROVING that this herb does indeed kill cancer cells. Two studies were conducted, one with colon cancer cells, the other with ovarian cancer cells. Both studies concluded that Triptolide found in Lei gong teng inhibited the growth of cancer cells and eventually led to COMPLETE remission. The abstracts of these studies have been made PUBLIC. You can find them online.

2. D. Washington says:

I would like to know more about this herb

3. Larry lister says:

I had stage four small cell lung cancer six months ago hospitllalized ! Began chemo now on my fifth of six chemo treatment! Six weeks ago they said the cancer was gone , now they want to do a whole body scan to make sure its not moved elsewhere! I believe god healed me the doctors were surprized for they said that they gave me up for death several times ! I lost over forty pounds in just a couple months ! Wife used flax seed smoothies and many vegies. Vitamins anything she found out about cancer treatments! Intersted in this herb! I couldnt have radiation or surgery too far gone then two masses over two centimeters and some moe in lung left side! So i am kinda the exception

• Bill says:

i have my brother whom has been diagnised stage 4. he is undergoing Chemo and Radio therapy now.
      i would like to hear from anyone on possitive suggestions

4. Yvonne says:

Can you buy this or grow this in the U.S.? There is only the information about the vine, not how to get it.

5. joy shuman says:

I live in Canada and would like info about ordering,taking and growing the vine. i understand that it may be toxic and only the roots should be used.

6. Sita says:

Just read this and wanted to share this link for more info:
    My mother has breast cancer, gets hormone pills which made her very tired and gave joint pain, etc. Since she drinks Soursop tea (or Graviola) (besides the pills) she is so much better, the doctors say it’s a miracle (she’s 85).
    As a former Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner I would not dare to recommend her Lei Gong Teng, but am very happy she has the Soursop tea. Along with that it’s wise to take some probiotics, we found out.

• BA says:

Lei Gong Teng (Radix Tripterygii Wilfordii): A Blessing or a Time Bomb?
      Pharmaceutical name: Radix Tripterygii Wilfordii
      Properties: bitter, acrid, cool
      Channels entered: Liver
      Safety index: toxic

From left: The Chinese characters, dried herb and fresh plant of lei gong teng. Lei gong teng (radix tripterygii wilfordii) is a native plant that grows in many parts of China and Burma. It is a deciduous climbing vine that grows up to 12 meters in length. The twigs are brown, angular and downy. The leaves are light green, smooth on top, and pale gray with light hairs underneath. The flowers are hermaphroditic, and usually bloom in September. The fruits are three-winged and brownish red, about 1.5 centimeters long. The root is the medicinal part of the plant, and is generally collected in autumn
      This herb is also known as qi bu si, literally, “seven steps to death,” implying that it is extremely toxic.
      In research from the University of Texas and the National Institute of Health, it was reported that the use of a lei gong teng preparation showed that the herb has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effect comparable to prednisone.3
      According to one randomized, double-blind trial involving 70 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the study reported approximately
      90 percent of the patients treated experienced significant improvement.4

7. Dan Schafer says:

If you haven’t heard about Dr Burzynski yet than your in for a great story. His battle with the FDA and the NCI is a classic. If you have netflix you can stream his story right away.

He has even had success with childrens brain tumors.

Here is his clinic in Houston: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

I think there are even more things that work for cancer but this is the first time a person has gotten this far without the money and backing of big pharma.

He won his cases against the FDA because his patients were there to support him. The jury never convicted because they saw them even through they weren’t allowed to testify.

8. Phing S. Bulan says:

I was diagnosed Breast Cancer Stage 2 last March 13, 2012,I had a Local Recurrence after 5 months (August 2012)& was operated Jan. 2013 with the result of Ductal Carcinoma in Situ,last April 8, 2013 I had a PET SCAN the result-MILDLY HYPERMETABOLIC FOCUS IN THE LEFT ANTERIOR CHEST WALL MAY BE DUE TO INFLAMMATION/POST SURGICAL CHANGE. CLINICAL FOLLOW UP IS SUGGESTED. NO OTHER UNDUE HYPERMETABOLIC LESIONS APPRECIATED ELSEWHERE.
    My doctor said I am free of Cancer (just to continue my stem cell therapy for 16 weeks more), but my Oncologist said Cancer is still in the site of operation (LocalRecurrence)so I need to be under RADIOTHERAPY. I am tired of these treatment so please let me know where can I buy & how much this LEI GONG TONG to cure my cancer completely. Hopefully will receive your response as soon as possible. Thank you & more power.

• Carly Fraser says:

Not only do you need to consume foods that are known to help fight off cancer, but you must also take a holistic approach to eating the proper foods, calming the mind (reducing stress), and connecting with nature and your true inner spirit. Consume lots of fresh organic fruit and vegetables and green juices, and go to the asian market to find lei gong teng (they may have it -otherwise order online)

9. Lei Gong Tong is poisonous if it is not prepared properly! Beware!

10. Dr. M. Lam says:

Sometimes one can pay the price of not knowing about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). I mean its availability at a professional level. Most people in the West don’t know that TCM is a complete medical system with medical schools, research centers, hospitals, etc. As a matter of facts, most doctors in the West know very little about TCM. Even though many approved conventional cancer treatments in the West are TCM herbal medicines or directly derived from TCM herbal remedies (examples, vincristine, irinotecan, etoposide, taxol, ATRA, and others).

Lei gong teng is a common medicine in China, Japan, South Korea, and other countries, where TCM is standard medical practice.

Leigongteng is a powerful anti-inflammatory medication that also has immuno-suppressive action. It is usually prescribed for rheumatoid conditions, lupus, psoriasis, crohn illness, etc. Lei gong teng is also used after organ transplant, as it has been shown to inhibe immune response against the foreign organ and reduce clinical complication in comparison to other medications used for the same purpose.

Lei gong teng comes in tablets of 10 mg each. The usual dosage is 3-4 tablets every 12 hrs for a patient of 150-170 lbs of body weight (the doses can be increase to 5 tbs for patients over 180 lbs of body weight).

Lei gong teng can be of benefit to some cancer patients, especially those with agressive cell division. Lei gong teng has been found to interfere with the DNA of rapid deviding cells, and its powerful anti-inflammatory action can inhibe the inflammation process. Both of these actions can stop or reduce the speed of the malignant process and improve the survival time and quality of life for cancer patients.

There are many other herbal medicines with positive actions when used under professional guidance, especially in oncology: combined artemisinin (Artesunate/Artemether), indirubine, gingerol, etc. It is alway recommended to seek the advice of a licensed physicians with knowledge of herbal medicine before using any herbal product.

11. solange says:

Dr. Lam,
    are you a TCM? if so, where do you practice? How would I find a TCM in the states and request this medication? Is it better to use the plant itself? my son has Crohns disease and I pulled him off all of the Mayo clinic medication that was making him more sick, and placed him on a chinese regimen of supplements and diet. He has made a 75% improvement in 6 months. Please give me more info on the use of this herb for Crohns or where you can be contacted.

12. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

13. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

14. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

15. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

16. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

17. [...] Chinese Herbs That Destroy Cancer: Lei Gong Teng | Live Love Fruit [...]

18. steven koenig says:

i actually do have cancer, i totally changed my lifestyle and diet. it seems to be working cause whenever they test my blood my tumor markers go down. i gave up all processed foods, no more coffee, no alcohol and no more cigarettes, i live on a whole foods diet now. my last CT SCAN showed on of the tumors in my pancreas is completely gone, the other tumor is almost gone and the spots on my lymphnoids are completely gone as well. so whenever anyone tells you that changing your diet doesnt matter tell them BULLSHIT!!! it really does make a difference. In case you were wondering i have stage4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to my liver.

19. tom says:

Stage 4 kidney caner here ,I will take your advice thanks for posting

20. Bahjat says:

Good news and big success. Glad to hear on this progress, enjoy taking care of yourself by yourself. What kind of food diets you are observing? Thank you for the advice

21. Mario Carta says:

Lei Gong Teng “Thunder God Vine” is an AMAZING herb. Old Bombay Spice Company sells the
    dried root in it’s natural form which is the effective part of this plant. For more information please email: mc0869@yahoo.com

22. Heather says:

Does anyone know what the dosage for Lei Gong Teng should be in a tincture? My father is stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We are aware of its toxicity, so we want to be very careful.

We are also investigating soursop. I saw some posts where others were fighting pancreatic cancer. Any advice would be most helpful.

My father is already on a raw diet and taking enzymes/supplements/vitamin C.

We just are just very curious about other treatments.

23. Cesar says:

Lux Health Resources is interested in formulas using data from Research and especially
    medicinal plants. They have created a herb combination that includes Tripterygium or thunder
    god vine. Their formula has 5 ingredients.

According to their website, 3 herbs are at the top of many hundreds of herbs studied having the most number of activities t- anticancer and other stuff that work against cancer.
    These herbs are Thunder god vinr, turmeric and ginger and these 3 are part of their formula.
    It is called TTG formula which stands for the first letters of these top herbs.

Look at their webpage