I’ve tried many vegan veggie patty recipes in my life, but this one takes the cake! Bursting with flavour, this veggie patty may even convert you fully-vegan (that is, if you are a meat eater).
Homemade veggie burgers, such as this recipe, are rich in fibre, which most conventional beef-burgers are devoid of. People who consume meat-heavy diets are thus more prone to diseases of the colon like IBS, or colon cancer, and constipation. Plant-based diets are high in fibre, and thus keep the colon clean and clear! Not to mention, veggie burgers are also incredibly vitamin and mineral dense, and will satisfy all nutrient requirements your body needs!
– 1/2 cup chickpeas (cook yourself, or use organic canned)
– 1/2 cup white navy beans (cook yourself, or use organic canned)
– 1/2 cup black beans (cook yourself, or use organic canned)
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil
– 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
– 1/4 cup red or yellow onion
– 1/2 tsp. diced jalapeño pepper
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 “egg” (1 tbsp ground Flax seeds + 3 tbsp Water – let this mixture heat up on the stove briefly until thick)
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp. himalayan salt
– 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried)
– 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
– 2 tsp. fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)
– 1/2 tsp. paprika
– 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1. Using a food processor, combine beans, oats, and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Lightly sauté red pepper, jalapeño and garlic in coconut oil – add to bean mixture, and process until well combined.
3. Add “egg” and all spices to the mixture above, and again, process until well combined. At this point you may need to take it out and mix it with your hands.
4. Form into 4-5 patties, and let sit in the refrigerator, covered, for 15-30 minutes.
5. You can now bake the patties in the oven, or sauté them in coconut oil, 2-3 minutes each side.
6. Create your burger with a gluten-free bun (or even lettuce boats), tomato, onion, lettuce, and any other healthy option you can think of!