If you haven’t already heard, acai breakfast berry bowls are the new rage! They are easy to make, fun, and basically look, and taste like ice cream. That’s right – ice cream for breakfast – your dream come true!
Switching out your regular breakfast morning routine with an acai breakfast berry bowl is probably one of the best decisions you could make for yourself! Acai berries are loaded with an array of health benefits, mainly due to their amazing ratio of antioxidants, omega fatty acids, and amino acids, all of which combine to make you feel and look your optimal best!
Acai’s ORAC level (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is over 3,500, which is hundreds of times higher than most conventional fruits you find in grocery stores like oranges, apples and bananas. That’s not to say these fruit aren’t beneficial, it’s just good to vary up your routine with fruit that contain higher antioxidant levels.
Let’s get to it!
– 1 Acai Pouch or 1/4 cup Acai Berry Powder
– 2 ripe, spotty bananas
– 1 cup frozen fruit of your choice (I love mango – other great additions are raspberries and blueberries)
– 1/2 cup coconut water (or fruit juice of your choice – you could also use almond milk here if you please)
– Sprinkle-Top Additions: mulberries, goji berries, dates, raisins, banana slices, blueberries, raspberries, coconut flakes, bee pollen, spirulina, chia seeds, hemp seeds, homemade granola, etc.
1. Combine acai berry pouch (or the powder), bananas, frozen fruit, and coconut water in a blender, and blend until in a thick ice-cream like consistency (less wet than a smoothie). Pour in bowl.
2. Top with any of the above “sprinkle-top additions” – I personally love sprinkling mine with mulberries, banana, goji berries and bee pollen.
3. Enjoy, and eat again the next morning!